I enjoy collecting recipes and preparing them for my husband, children and grandchildren. When cooking for the gang, I can easily double or triple this recipe.—Beverly Routh, St. Joseph, Missouri
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, onions, cilantro and cumin. Remove from the heat.
- Place tortillas on greased baking sheets. Combine Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses; sprinkle 1/4 cup over tortillas. Top with beef mixture, remaining cheese mixture and the Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Tortilla Pizza in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p280