In Fredonia, New York, Joann Woloszyn relies on refrigerated crescent rolls to makes these crisp Southwestern appetizers. "Choose mild, medium or hot salsa to suit your taste," Joann suggests.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into four rectangles. Place on greased baking sheets. Spread mustard and salsa on each rectangle.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut each into four strips; sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 255 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 781mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Salsa Strips in Quick Cooking May/June 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.