In Fredonia, New York, Joann Woloszyn relies on refrigerated crescent rolls to makes these crisp Southwestern appetizers. "Choose mild, medium or hot salsa to suit your taste," Joann suggests.
Recommended: Top 10 Mexican Dinner Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into four rectangles. Place on greased baking sheets. Spread mustard and salsa on each rectangle. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut each into four strips; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Salsa Strips in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p8