- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown meat in oil; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add carrots; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the tomatoes, beans, corn and chilies; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender. Season with pepper sauce.
1 cup: 321 calories, 14g fat (0 saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.