- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides in batches.
- Return all chops to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSalsa Skillet Pork Chops
"I serve the pork Chop over white rice and it is so good. My family loves it."
"I had chicken breasts on hand so I used them. It was a very good recipe and I had everything I needed on hand!"
"A great weeknight meal! quick and healthful, with great taste and bright flavors. My only addition to the recipe is to brine the chops 6-8 hrs. ahead of time (to tenderize them), and to add some sliced scallions on top, just before serving."
"I used frozen corn. was super easy and tasty :)"
"This was quite tasty and colorful. I like cumin so I would add a touch more than the recipe calls for. In addition to the salad, I also served with pineapple tidbits. Everyone cleaned their plate."