A prepared pastry crust hurries along the assembly of this hearty appetizer from Dorothy Sorensen of Naples, Florida. "Served with sour cream and additional salsa, it's a party favorite in our retirement community," she notes. "If you're feeding a crowd, bring two--they disappear fast!"
Recommended: Extra-Special Recipes for Breakfast in Bed
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to the pastry shell. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs; stir in salsa. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Sausage Quiche in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p15
Reviews forSalsa Sausage Quiche
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2015
"I served this with a salad for a meal. It was very good. Something I will make again and again!"