Salsa Sausage Quiche
A prepared pastry crust hurries along the assembly of this hearty appetizer from Dorothy Sorensen of Naples, Florida. "Served with sour cream and additional salsa, it's a party favorite in our retirement community," she notes. "If you're feeding a crowd, bring two--they disappear fast!"
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to the pastry shell. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs; stir in salsa. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 344 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Salsa Sausage Quiche in Quick Cooking September/October 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.