You won't create a mess in the kitchen with this recipe. The rice and zucchini are combined in one pan. For added color, toss in some diced yellow crookneck squash.
Recommended: Our Most-Loved Recipes for Zucchini
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a saucepan, bring water, butter, bouillon, cumin and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in rice, zucchini and salsa. Cover and let stand for 5-7 minutes or until water is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Rice with Zucchini in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001