Salsa Potato Salad
"Summer is a great time for potato salad but making it with regular mayonnaise adds too much fat," writes Janet Lewis of Bangor, Pennsylvania. "Salsa perks up this version and disguises the fact that it uses fat-free items."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups cubed cooked unpeeled potatoes
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa and parsley. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat. Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 101 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Salsa Potato Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2003