Salsa Pasta ‘n’ Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and yellow pepper in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until tender.
- Stir in the beans, broth, salsa and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta; stir into bean mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 370 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 10g fiber), 14g protein.
Sep 30, 2012
I found this to be really lacking flavor, bland and boring.
May 31, 2011
A family favorite for sure!
Feb 10, 2009
We love this recipe! I often make it as a main dish since it has beans in it. Sometimes I use kidney or pinto beans instead of red beans, and sometimes I leave out the cilantro if I don't have any on hand.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.