- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the salsa, marmalade, lime juice, brown sugar and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSalsa Orange Chicken Skillet
"It was a quick and tasty way to fix a low calorie meal. I doubled the recipe because we like leftovers. My husband has high blood pressure so I used a lower sodium salsa. It's a keeper for us."
"I made this tonight and it was delicious. It had the sweet from the marmalade and a bit of spice from the salsa (I used medium). It tasted like orange chicken with out the deep fried meat. This is in my recipe rotation!!"
"easy to make, and really good flavor. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"made this as is, and it was good. It was sweet, and you do need to cook longer than 2 minutes if you want a thicker sauce."
"Super easy and everyone likes it. I make it as is except for doubling it for a family of four. Great with pot stickers."
"Great way to reinvent chicken and Rice Left-overs. Rave reviews and I had the key ingrediants right in my fridge. I used this to spice up my grilled chix left overs so I added already grilled chix to the skillet and added the Salsa recipe. Scooped it ontop of nuked left over rice pilaf and tada! Chix Salsa! Delish!"
"I loved the unusual combination in the sauce, but felt it was a bit too sweet. Next time I will either cut the marmalade or the brown sugar a bit."
"I'll admit when I saw minute rice and allspice as the ingredients, I was very skeptical. I'm so glad I tried this one! The flavor was Awesome! Only downfall is I used medium salsa and the kids didn't like it - next time I'll use mild salsa."
"Amazing recipe, very flavorful!"