Salsa for a Crowd
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes56 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- corn chips or tortilla chips
- Place two undrained cans of tomatoes in a large bowl; drain the two remaining cans and add tomatoes to the bowl.
- Stir in the chopped fresh tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, lime juice, cilantro, vinegar, pepper sauce, garlic and seasonings. Stir in jalapeno if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 22 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Apr 4, 2014
Great recipe. Makes a large batch, and does not keep along time. Plan it for you next party!
Mar 26, 2013
This did serve alot which is why i made it but it just tasted more like pico de gallo than a salsa
Jul 9, 2012
I've made this for years with my fresh garden tomatos. It makes a large batch but it doesn't last any time at all.
Jul 8, 2012
THIS WAS A SUPER RECIPE AND WELL WORTH ANYONE'S TIME TO MAKE. THE RECIPE WENT FAST AT MY FAMILY AND GUEST GET TOGETHER. TO EACH AND EVERYONE THEIR FAVORITE.
Jul 7, 2012
Everyone loved this will make this again for sure!!!
Jun 5, 2011
YES... This salsa has flavor that your guests will keep coming back to put it on their plates..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.