Salsa Fish Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound halibut steaks or other firm whitefish, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry fish in 2 teaspoons hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; remove and keep warm. Add vegetable,s garlic, cumin and remaining oil to the skillet. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return fish to pan. Add salsa; heat through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 210 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 485mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Salsa Fish Skillet
"I wasn't sure about the combination of flavors, but just made this for lunch and it was very good. Not only was it on the healthier side of things, it came together really fast. My husband loved it especially. I love finding recipes that use zucchini and squash (which always seem in abundance around here) and am definately adding this to my roster. The only substitution that was made was that I used cod instead of halibut."