Here’s a quick and easy chicken salad just as full of flavor as it is colorful, promises Timothy Lewis of Somerset, Pennsylvania. The perfect lunch for busy summertime days!
Recommended: Healthy Main Dish Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salsa, 3 teaspoons cilantro and pepper; add chicken and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Arrange red pepper and avocado slices on two salad plates; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p56