Salsa Chicken for 2
For a speedy main dish, try this south-of-the-border skillet chicken. I like to serve it with buttered, chopped spinach and a salad of mixed greens, orange wedges and chopped walnuts. —Naomi Olson, Hamilton, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Add the onion, green pepper, salsa and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle cheese over chicken. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 328 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 743mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Feb 28, 2017
This is a great recipe, quick easy and good A definite keeper.
Nov 15, 2014
this can be made in crock pot and corn added during last 30/45 min of cooking
Mar 29, 2011
This was a huge hit at our house. It was a quick fix and tasted so good.