Salsa Chicken for 2
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Add the onion, green pepper, salsa and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle cheese over chicken. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 328 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 743mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2017
This is a great recipe, quick easy and good A definite keeper.
Nov 15, 2014
this can be made in crock pot and corn added during last 30/45 min of cooking
Mar 29, 2011
This was a huge hit at our house. It was a quick fix and tasted so good.