Salsa Chicken Fajita Pizza
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Bake: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil and garlic. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- Place crust on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; spread with salsa to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer with chicken, peppers, onion and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 446 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 890mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Oct 17, 2017
Great flavor and very hearty. I do now see I messed up a bit and did not drain the salsa. Note for next time. I had a bulk jar and was trying to guess how much to use and thought about 1 cup (undrained) was about right. I served jalape?os on the side.
Oct 24, 2013
This was awesome. Me and my boyfriend loved it. Will definitely make again. I didn't have a soupy mess... I used 15 oz jar of salsa and let it sit in the strainer until I was ready to use it. Great recipe. Lots of flavor.
Oct 8, 2013
I loved the flavor of this pizza, but the salsa as well as the chopped peppers caused a soupy mess of the crust. I like a nice, crisp crust on my pizza and it just wasn't possible with the combination of these toppings.
May 16, 2011
Awesome! My daughter said good enough to serve in a restaurant.
Apr 3, 2011
Loved the chicken! the lime flavor is awesome. I did add a Tbsp of taco seasoning a a few drops of mesquite liquid smoke. The only change I would make is to make my own crust with corn meal next time.
Apr 1, 2011
I'll be honest: I didn't remember to marinate the chicken, but it was good even without that, and I'm sure will be better when I remember to marinate it! I added a little fresh cilantro and some fresh tomatoes and used pitas for fast mini pizzas. I didn't use red pepper because the store had it priced too high and I didn't drain the salsa. I cannot wait to make this again when my garden's producing, as I will make it with fresh salsa!
Mar 24, 2011
YES AND IT WORKS WONDERFUL
Mar 24, 2011
could you use the precooked grilled chicken breast strips found in the meat dept?
Nov 22, 2010
my chicken was frozen so I substituted Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles.It was so good I e-mailed my son to give him the recipe. The salsa really makes the difference. Can't wait to try it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.