- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil and garlic. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- Place crust on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; spread with salsa to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer with chicken, peppers, onion and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 slices.
Reviews forSalsa Chicken Fajita Pizza
"Great flavor and very hearty. I do now see I messed up a bit and did not drain the salsa. Note for next time. I had a bulk jar and was trying to guess how much to use and thought about 1 cup (undrained) was about right. I served jalape?os on the side."
"This was awesome. Me and my boyfriend loved it. Will definitely make again. I didn't have a soupy mess... I used 15 oz jar of salsa and let it sit in the strainer until I was ready to use it. Great recipe. Lots of flavor."
"I loved the flavor of this pizza, but the salsa as well as the chopped peppers caused a soupy mess of the crust. I like a nice, crisp crust on my pizza and it just wasn't possible with the combination of these toppings."
"Awesome! My daughter said good enough to serve in a restaurant."
"Loved the chicken! the lime flavor is awesome. I did add a Tbsp of taco seasoning a a few drops of mesquite liquid smoke. The only change I would make is to make my own crust with corn meal next time."
"I'll be honest: I didn't remember to marinate the chicken, but it was good even without that, and I'm sure will be better when I remember to marinate it! I added a little fresh cilantro and some fresh tomatoes and used pitas for fast mini pizzas. I didn't use red pepper because the store had it priced too high and I didn't drain the salsa. I cannot wait to make this again when my garden's producing, as I will make it with fresh salsa!"
"YES AND IT WORKS WONDERFUL"
"could you use the precooked grilled chicken breast strips found in the meat dept?"
"my chicken was frozen so I substituted Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles.It was so good I e-mailed my son to give him the recipe. The salsa really makes the difference. Can't wait to try it again."