Salsa & Scrambled Egg Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small lime
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Add 1/2 cup salsa and cheese; stir gently until cheese is melted.
- Spread cut sides of English muffins with cream cheese and remaining salsa. Top with scrambled eggs and avocado. Squeeze lime juice over tops. If desired, serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts2 open-faced sandwiches (calculated without sour cream): 454 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 396mg cholesterol, 1111mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 25g protein.
Aug 24, 2014
This was good but not outstanding. Just 1/2 a muffin is more than a generous portion. Very filling.
Jun 2, 2014
We loved this! The cream cheese really pulls everything together beautifully. Each ingredient is an important piece of this yummy puzzle.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.