- 1 whole grain English muffin toasted
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 T shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 2 T plus 1 tsp. Prepared jarred salsa
- 2 tsp. Low fat cream cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- Optional: Squeeze of fresh lime juice and a dollop of light sour cream
- Lightly spray a small frying pan with cooking spray over medium heat. Add eggs to pan and scramble until eggs are set to taste.
- Fold cheese and salsa into eggs and stir until cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread cream cheese on toasted English muffin halves.
- Spoon 1T of salsa on each half then the egg mixture.
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over top and add a dollop of sour cream is desired. Eat open faced or close the muffin to eat on the run.
Reviews forSalsa & Scrambled Egg Sandwiches
"This was good but not outstanding. Just 1/2 a muffin is more than a generous portion. Very filling."
"We loved this! The cream cheese really pulls everything together beautifully. Each ingredient is an important piece of this yummy puzzle."