Salmon with Tomato Shallot Sauce
Light and refreshing, this is a great treatment for salmon on any occasion. Capers add a delightful burst of tangy saltiness. Kimberly Cutler — Florence, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Sprinkle fillets with lemon zest, white pepper and salt; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the shallots in oil until tender. Add garlic and capers; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine; add reserved salmon.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Add tomatoes and basil; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.