Salmon with Tomato-Goat Cheese Couscous
Rich with goat cheese and tomato, this recipe works for a weeknight supper or an elegant company dinner—and is adjustable for number of people. —Toni Roberts, La Canada, California
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Sprinkle salmon with salt, garlic salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add salmon skin side up and cook 3 minutes. Turn fish and cook an additional 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until stock is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, green onions and goat cheese. Serve with salmon.
1 fillet with 1 cup couscous mixture: 414 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 16, 2020I found the salmon needed to cook for several for minutes but other than that the recipe turned out perfect and delicious!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC