Here’s a fast and foolproof microwave method for tender salmon steaks covered with a distinctive Dijon and green onion sauce. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
Featured In: 25 Recipes You Can Make in a Microwave
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- Place salmon in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour wine over top. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove salmon and keep warm.
- Add butter and onion to the pan juices; cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir in the flour, mustard and tarragon until blended; gradually stir in milk. Cook, uncovered for 1-2 minutes or until thickened; stirring every 30 seconds. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Tarragon Sauce in Country Extra May 2010, p54
Reviews forSalmon with Tarragon Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2011
"I LOVE IT!!!"