Salmon with Sweet Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Sprinkle one side of salmon fillets with Creole seasoning. In a large skillet, cook salmon, seasoned side down, in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Turn salmon; reduce heat to medium and cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa and preserves. Serve with salmon.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 249 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 915mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 10, 2015
Delicious! I was afraid the Creole seasoning would be too salty, but the sweet salsa balanced it out nicely. This was a super easy entree for our Mother's Day dinner.