Salmon with Sweet Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Sprinkle one side of salmon fillets with Creole seasoning. In a large skillet, cook salmon, seasoned side down, in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Turn salmon; reduce heat to medium and cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa and preserves. Serve with salmon.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 249 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 915mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 9, 2019
my family loved this the salsa was a added bonus served wth TOH Dijon-Walnut Spinach Salad Deb P VFE
May 10, 2015
Delicious! I was afraid the Creole seasoning would be too salty, but the sweet salsa balanced it out nicely. This was a super easy entree for our Mother's Day dinner.