You won't have to fish for compliments with this tasty recipe developed by Country Woman's Test Kitchen. Poaching is a quick and healthy way to prepare an entree as delicate as fish, keeping it moist and tender while cooking. And the flavorful spinach sauce adds a pretty green accent to the pink salmon.
Recommended: Easy Fish Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 slices lemon
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and garlic salt; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Pour water into a pressure cooker. Place salmon on rack; sprinkle with lemon-pepper and top with lemon slices. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 2 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer’s directions until pressure is completely reduced. Discard lemon slices. Serve salmon with spinach sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Spinach Sauce in Country Woman July/August 2005, p39