Salmon with Orange Vinaigrette
"Here's my favorite way to add zip to classic salmon. The tangy vinaigrette complements the naturally sweet fish, and the golden orange color is so appealing on the plate." —Lorie Rice, Liverpool, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon honey Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Place orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender. Add the onion, lime juice, chili powder and mustard; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add salad dressing in a steady stream; process until blended.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with orange vinaigrette. Garnish with cilantro.