Salmon with Orange-Kiwi Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup white grapefruit juice
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup chopped orange
- 1 cup chopped kiwifruit
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. In a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from fish. Place salmon in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour reserved marinade over salmon. Cover and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 294 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.