Salmon with Orange-Kiwi Salsa
"My husband has very selective tastes, so when he raved about this wonderful marinated baked salmon at a dinner party, I knew I had to have the recipe," says Maria Davis of Flower Mound, Texas. "The citrusy salsa is as pretty as it is tasty."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup white grapefruit juice
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup chopped orange
- 1 cup chopped kiwifruit
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. In a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade from fish. Place salmon in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour reserved marinade over salmon. Cover and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 294 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Salmon with Orange-Kiwi Salsa in Light & Tasty December/January 2002