Salmon with Herb-Mustard Sauce
This recipe has evolved over the years. It turns out moist and delicious every time and is especially wonderful served with the seasoned sauce. —Marion Lowery, Medford, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 80 min.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 whole salmon (5 to 7 pounds), head and tail removed
- 2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, marjoram and thyme; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Place fish in the center of a large greased sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle inside of salmon with pepper and salt and drizzle with vinegar. Place overlapping lemon slices inside salmon to completely cover. Use wooden toothpicks to secure cavity along opening. Drizzle butter over the top.
- Fold foil over fish and seal. Place on a large baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 80-95 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the herb-mustard sauce.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 657 calories, 59g fat (13g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.