This recipe has evolved over the years. It turns out moist and delicious every time and is especially wonderful served with the seasoned sauce. —Marion Lowery, Medford, Oregon
Recommended: Top 10 Salmon Dinner Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 whole salmon (5 to 7 pounds), head and tail removed
- 2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, marjoram and thyme; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Place fish in the center of a large greased sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle inside of salmon with pepper and salt and drizzle with vinegar. Place overlapping lemon slices inside salmon to completely cover. Use wooden toothpicks to secure cavity along opening. Drizzle butter over the top.
- Fold foil over fish and seal. Place on a large baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 80-95 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the herb-mustard sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Herb-Mustard Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p162
Reviews forSalmon with Herb-Mustard Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2010
"Sprinkle capers on top!!!!!"