VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- For salsa, in a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Sprinkle salmon with remaining salt and pepper. Place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn and grill 7-9 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve the salsa with a slotted spoon with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Fruit Salsa in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p249