VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the cucumber sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with cucumber sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Cucumber Sauce in Country Woman May/June 2005, p36