- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSalmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
"YUM!!! I cut the toppings for the salmon into 1/4 since we were only doing 1 small piece of salmon - worked out perfectly. Only need 1 lemon - half for the slices on top, the other half I juiced for the lemon juice in the sauce. I only cut the sauce in half because I wanted to make sure we got enough. I probably would have been fine cutting it in 1/4, but I don't mind the leftover! We both completely devoured this. The salmon was good on its own but the sauce made it DELICIOUS. Well definitely be making this again!!! (For the smaller piece of salmon I cooked it for 15 minutes, then under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes and it was just a tad overdone - will lower the time next time)."
"I love salmon and this recipe just provided me with my new favourite way to cook it. For once in my life, I didn't make any changes to the recipe or the method because it looked pretty good. Well, let me say ... it was WAY better than pretty good. The dill sauce was excellent too. Well deserving of a five star rating!"
"I made this - will make it again but prefer more dill and less horseradish - will use 1/2 teaspoon horseradish and full tsp dill."
"I tried this recipe while vacationing in Hawaii with the family...it was by far the best salmon I have ever made! So moist and the dill sauce was just the perfect added touch. Thank you Taste of Home. This is now a regular for when we have guests!"
"Great recipe. Whole family loved it, a keeper for sure."
"Found this looking for a dill sauce, however... Scary how many recipes out there still recommend cooking with aluminum foil."
"What can I say, it's delicious! We have it on rotation now. Thank you Susan for submitting an excellent recipe."
"This one is a keeper. The dill sauce can be used as a veggie or chip dip too. I had some fresh dill but I also added dry along with a zest of a lemon. Rely good and easy to."
"quick and fantastic!"
"This was great! No changes needed. Will make this again."