- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each ground ginger, cinnamon and allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 salmon fillet (3 pounds)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium mango
- 1 medium papaya
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the seasoning ingredients. Place fillet in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon seasoning. (Save remaining seasoning for another use.) Drizzle salmon with oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Peel and finely chop mango and papaya; place in a large bowl. Finely chop peppers; add to bowl. Add the remaining salsa ingredients and gently stir until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Bake salmon at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings (5 cups salsa).
Reviews forSalmon with Caribbean Salsa
"I made this for my family, and it turned out great! I used way more seasoning than it called for, and made it into a rub that coated the fish. Awesome! I'd make this anytime."
"Delicious, the salsa is fantastic!"