Salmon with Balsamic-Honey Glaze Recipe
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1. Combine the first six ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Place salmon skin side down on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon glaze over salmon; top with oregano.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Tip: to check for doneness, insert a fork at an angle into the thickest portion of the salmon and gently part the meat. When it's opaque and flakes into sections, it's cooked completely.
Reviews for Salmon with Balsamic-Honey Glaze
"Made exactly as posted with very disappointing results. Two distinct tastes of the salmon and balsamic with neither complimenting the other."
"This was so good!! easy to make and I loved the marinade."
"The sauce never thickened! My husband hated it. The sauce was way to strong to our taste."
"I really did not like this recipe. I followed directions exactly, but the sauce would not thicken. I wound up having it boil for over 10 minutes before I saw any thickening. I think that's what caused the sauce to taste so horrible. I may try this again but not for a while. There are better salmon recipes out there."
"I baked the salmon on a salt block so only basted with the balsamic honey glaze...no seasoning. So delicious!"
"Such a great simple recipe! The whole family loved it!"
"This was so simple and has great flavor. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Awesome! Glaze was excellent. Now my husband wants to replace the white wine with red and try it on steak."
"I served this for a family dinner; it was delicious and everyone loved it."
"This was very good recipe will make again"