“As graduate students with two young children, my husband and I are always on the lookout for quick and healthy meals,” notes Shannon Beck of Laredo, Texas. “Tarragon and peas complement the salmon in this main course, and best of all, it’s on the table in minutes.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Carefully add the salmon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the peas, sour cream and seasonings; heat through. Serve over salmon.