“With a husband and four children to cook for, I’m always on the lookout for quick recipes,” writes Debra Knippel from Medford, Wisconsin. “This recipe was given to me many years ago by my mother-in-law.” In addition to being very quick to fix, this is likely to become a favorite family comfort food.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, milk and soup until blended. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until smooth. Stir in the salmon, peas and lemon juice.
- Pour into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Do not unroll crescent dough; cut into eight equal slices. Arrange over salmon mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 480 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 1484mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Supper in Quick Cooking November/December 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.