Salmon-Stuffed Snow Peas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas (about 75)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) smoked salmon or lox, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry. With a sharp knife, split each pea pod along the curved edge.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the salmon, garlic salt and pepper. Transfer to a pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable bag; cut a hole in corner of bag. Pipe in about 1 teaspoon salmon mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 29 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Jan 26, 2011
This was fantastic. I accidentally got sugar snap peas and the peas got in the way a bit, but the flavor could not be stopped. I served to my family as a trial and WOW they want them again, tomorrow if possible!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.