Salmon Stroganoff Recipe
- 4 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 cups small-curd cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine the noodles, salmon, mushrooms and pimientos. Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt; add to noodle mixture and mix well. Stir in cheddar cheese. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 651 calories, 43g fat (18g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1413mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Salmon Stroganoff
"We hardly make dishes using canned salmon, but this one caught my eye. I have Type I diaetes, so must watch my carb intake. This sounds delicious."