Salmon Steaks With Veggie Cream Sauce
I'm a grandmother and have had this recipe for over 30 years. Whenever company comes, it's a good excuse to make it, along with a green salad and my homemade hot rolls.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 salmon steaks (1-inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place the salmon steaks in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice and salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the onions, peas, cream cheese, milk and dill. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and sauce is heated through.
- In a small skillet, saute bread crumbs in butter until lightly browned. Spoon the sauce over salmon steaks; sprinkle with toasted crumbs.