Salmon Steaks With Veggie Cream Sauce
I'm a grandmother and have had this recipe for over 30 years. Whenever company comes, it's a good excuse to make it, along with a green salad and my homemade hot rolls.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 salmon steaks (1-inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place the salmon steaks in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice and salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the onions, peas, cream cheese, milk and dill. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and sauce is heated through.
- In a small skillet, saute bread crumbs in butter until lightly browned. Spoon the sauce over salmon steaks; sprinkle with toasted crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 562 calories, 36g fat (15g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Steaks With Veggie Cream Sauce in Country April/May 2005