- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tender, adding spinach during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, paprika, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Coat salmon with flour mixture.
- Cook salmon in 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute onion in remaining butter in the same pan until tender. Add the beans, cream, thyme and remaining garlic salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain potatoes and spinach; add to skillet. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSalmon Skillet
"Really a tasty meal. Made it for my extended family and everyone really enjoyed it. It's pretty easy to do with every day ingredients.. Having company over next weekend and will definitely make this. So glad I found this recipe. Only thing I will do differently next time is add less Thyme as this is not one of my favorite herbs (personal preference)."
"We love everything about this recipe. It is amazing. We eat it all the time. Especially the potatoes. Fantastic."
"Simple to put together and tastes good. Used only 1 pkg of spinach vs. 2 just due to personal preference. Wish I could find the nutritional info. but felt light despite the cream. Thanks for another good recipe"