Salmon Salad Pitas Recipe
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 romaine leaves
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1. Place 2 in. of water in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add salmon. Poach, uncovered, for 6-12 minutes or until fish is firm and flakes easily with a fork. Remove salmon with a slotted spatula. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the celery, cucumber, sour cream, mayonnaise and seasonings. Flake the salmon; stir into salad mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve in lettuce-lined pita breads. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 331 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.