- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the salmon, basil and pepper. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla; place buttered side down on a griddle. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over half of each tortilla; top with salmon mixture and remaining cheese. Fold tortilla over filling. Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut each into three wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSalmon Quesadillas
"I was a bit skeptical, but I decided to give this a shot. My husband and I LOVED IT, quick, tasty, and satisfying."
"the best quesadilla recipe I have ever eatin! I have been making these for years from a magazine of yours. love these sooooo much."
"came out great!"
"Really yummy!!! I have used both the canned salmon & leftover smoked salmon. It's great either way! I also used whole wheat tortillas."
"Delicious way to use canned salmon!"
"I was excited about this recipe until I saw the nutritional information. It's too high in calories and sodium. On the plus side, it is also high in protein."
"My whole family love this! It is so simple, and very tasty. I have even served it to company."
"I have been making these routinely since I first saw them in Taste of Home years ago. We love them!"