In Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, Carolyn Moseley uses convenient pastry shells to serve this elegant entree. "You would never guess that this is a second-day dish," she says.
Recommended: 42 Recipes to Boost Your Vitamin D
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells or 2 slices toast
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 cup fully cooked salmon chunks or 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine the preserves, horseradish and vinegar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in salmon and heat through. Spoon into pastry shells or over toast; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Puffs in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p38