Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 can (6 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, salmon, onion, cracker crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and egg yolk; mix well. Beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold into salmon mixture.
- Shape into six patties. Heat oil in a large skillet; fry the patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Garnish with lemon if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 425 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 1002mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Mar 3, 2010
I have been looking for a good recipe for salmon patties for years, and I finally found it. My husband said they tasted like the salmon patties his Norwegian grandmother used to make.
Apr 4, 2009
This sounds great I'm going to try it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.