Salmon Patties with Mustard Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 6 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add salmon; mix well. Shape into six patties. In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in butter over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon patties.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 273 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1119mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 1, 2015
I cut the recipe in half and got 4 patties of good size. Easy and good for you. I didn't have the blackening seasoning so used an Italian blend that we bought in Italy on vacation. Has some salt and lots of Italian seasoning.
Aug 14, 2009
Mayo makes your salmon cakes wonderful! Use your favorite recipe and just add some mayo...YUM!