Salmon Linguine Alfredo
Jars of prepared Alfredo sauce and a can of salmon speed up this creamy pasta dish sent in by Arlene Mackun of St. George, Utah. TIP: You can drain two 6-ounce cans of crabmeat and use them instead of the salmon.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pouches (6 ounces each) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 2 jars (17 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the onions in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add salmon; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce, sherry or broth, celery salt, parsley and pepper; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Drain linguine; top with the salmon mixture.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 468 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 869mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Alfredo in Quick Cooking July/August 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.