Salmon Dill Croissants Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 6 croissants, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the salmon, mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, dill, salt, garlic powder and liquid smoke if desired. Spread over croissants; top with lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 488 calories, 35g fat (17g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Salmon Dill Croissants
"I think that this recipe is something you'll either love or not love. I found the spread to be really rich (mostly because of the full block of cream cheese in it) and a little too much for a sandwich spread. I do think it would be great on crackers, as an appetizer. I served mine on Kaiser rolls instead of the croissants. I probably won't make it again, just because it was too much. I wanted a few bites of it, but it got to be a little overwhelming after that."