- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) pink salmon, drained, deboned and flaked
- 1 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cornflake crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- TARTAR SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup crumbs, relish, celery and onion. With wet hands, shape 1/4 cupfuls into cones. Dip into remaining milk, then into remaining crumbs. Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer to 365°. Fry croquettes, a few at a time, for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until golden brown, Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine tartar sauce ingredients; cook over medium-low heat until heated through and slightly thickened. Serve warm with croquettes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSalmon Croquettes
"Basic recipe, still a good one though. Everyone has different tastes for certain spices.For "oven frying", I set the temp to 375*F and baked for about 20-30 minutes on a wire rack with some cooking spray (on the croquettes, also). We prefer to just fry them on a skillet or dutch oven."
"Can these be baked instead of fried? At what temperature and for how long."