Salmon Couscous Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces fully cooked salmon, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup cooked couscous
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place broccoli and carrot in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and carrot; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in the salmon, couscous and soy sauce; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 345 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1010mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 2, 2017
I did not follow this recipe exactly, but it turned out excellent! Double the veggies and cooked couscous. Prepare as directed and mix together. Pan sear the salmon with olive oil and seasonings of choice (I used Mrs. Dash, Garlic and salt.) Top couscous mixture with salmon filet and you have an impressive meal. Pair with side salad and glass of wine. So easy!
Sep 22, 2016
I think the premise of this meal is great, but the amount of ingredients is off. The dish needed more couscous, way less soy sauce, and a bit more vegetable. There was so much soy sauce that I had to keep adding couscous to even it out, and even after that it was still overpowering. Definitely cut back on that. If I can figure out a good amount for each ingredient, this would be decent meal, especially for using up leftover salmon or couscous. Once the ratio is fixed, this would probably be a 4-star meal. As-is, it's 3 stars for me.