Salmon Cheese Spread
Pickle relish livens up canned salmon in this deliciously different sandwich filling from Mrs. Dale Cocklin of Kasilof, Alaska. The fast-to-fix spread is good on crackers, too.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- Crackers or bread
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, salmon, cheddar cheese and pickle relish. Serve with crackers or bread.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 104 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Cheese Spread in Quick Cooking March/April 1999